The 8th Quarterly Meeting will be held in Copenhagen and take a detailed look at the theoretical desirability and political feasibility of NGDP level targeting being adopted in the UK. It is an attempt to bring together a broad group of people interested in Market Monetarism.
Here's the agenda:
Monday May 13th
12:30pm: Meet for lunch
Then: Tour of Danske Bank
Then: Visit to CEPOS for discussion
- Why free market economists should take NGDP targets seriously
- Some Austrian considerations for NGDP targets
- What would Hayek say about NGDP targets?
- Towards a market in NGDP futures
- Political strategy - how should we be positioned in the political debate
- An actual strategy for implementing reforms to UK monetary policy
Tuesday May 14th
Attendance is strictly by invitation only.